Seems to be a problem with best entries

Hmmmm, I haven’t received any “Best Entry” notification emails either. :confused:

I do get the “Winning Entry” emails, however. :eyes:

@Jose, we have checked our outgoing email logs, and we found 5 emails were sent to your email address on Dec 31. Please search your gmail for subject title: Best Entry Nomination Reminder. We can send you additional details via private message, if you would need that to follow up with Gmail support team.

@AlwriteyThen, we will check your information as well.

We have switched to email notifications because many users do not access forum every day, and several new contestants are not aware of the forum. Sending an email ensures that everyone has an opportunity to mark their best entry.

1 Like

@dan could it have anything to do with notification settings here? here’s how I’m set

@seezall,

If it was an issue with notification settings, the email logs would not show those 5 emails going out to that email address. We are pulling the email delivery status for @Jose and @AlwriteyThen to determine if there is any other issue with the delivery of email. Our email provider keeps track of successful delivery information and open receipts (in case they were opened by recipient) so we should be able to determine if there is any issue with delivery.

2 Likes

ah I have nothing ticked on mine as didnt particularly want notifications of winners , I only look at e mails about once a week. There is nothing in trash or junk at the moment, maybe I deleted them thinking they were winner notifications or maybe I need to tick something.

I find it easier just to go into the forum personally

just found the repping one in the trash ,it was a reminder not the original

We were able to confirm that the emails were successfully delivered. Maybe they were accidentally deleted or overlooked. Attaching the logs below ( we have hidden the email addresses for privacy). You might want to setup a rule in Gmail, to star or flag these emails so that they don’t get accidentally overlooked. You can use the guide below to setup rules in Gmail (for any email which matches a subject: Best Entry Nomination Reminder)

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6579?hl=en

Email log for @AlwriteyThen

Email log for @Jose

1 Like

Hmmmm, don’t know why I didn’t see these - Really weird.

Anyway, thanks for checking, Dan. :kiss:

1 Like

@AlwriteyThen

You may want to check your anti virus fire-wall protection, since one of the SH emails sent within the last couple of weeks didn’t pass the control on the receiving end of my non-gmail server due to its content being deemed unsafe. The email did the vanishing act in the process of being opened, and couldn’t be recovered as it failed to end up in any other folders.

1 Like

Thanks Vizzy, I’ll check it out. :thumbsup:

1 Like

furnishings contest went straight to trash again

1 Like

got the bug one - are there any more ?, I also got one on the 31st but had already done best entry in that one

I more Jose http://www.squadhelp.com/domainContest/4920/Name_a_3_page_report_designed_to_highlight_the_val#tab-3
http://www.squadhelp.com/domainContest/4911/Name_for_a_Bed_Bug_killer#tab-3
http://www.squadhelp.com/domainContest/4925/Need_a_Name_for_an_adventure/actvity_Portal

oh thank you - no idea where these are going , Im missing out on a lot of the non-awarded ones recently

@Dan, can these contests still be listed here as well as emails? Was also much easier for me just to click on link from forum. Will also help ensure no one misses out. Thanks! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@dan If we had already marked Best Entry in the contest will you still look at that, does it show? I’m feeling kinda invisible these days. Thanx

@Jose and @Tammy, instead of posting these to the forum, we will add a filter option on the contests page itself - this way you can click on the checkmark on the left to show all the contests which are in “Best Entry Invitation” phase at any time. Both email and forum notifications can be missed, and this will allow you to see all such contests just by clicking the checkbox on that page. We will have this in place in next few days.

5 Likes

Thanks Dan, that should help!

@LorinRyle, we look at all Best Entries. If they were marked before or after contest end date, it does not make a difference.

1 Like

I seem to be missing best entry emails too…according to the above you sent out 5 on the 31st? I searched my gmail…I got 1 on the 31st and 1 this morning @6:53am pst

1 Like