Please really think about the effects

Dear co-creatives
I am sharing this not as a negative but as positive constructive feedback bc I care about the outcome for y’all and myself.Concerning having a change in place that allows ch to now choose an option on the reason for less than perfect rating.I personally liked how it was …Now every thing less than a like is being emailed to me not once but twice…I’m just trying to relay that sometimes be careful of what you ask for.IT effects us as a whole.

1 Like

Gosh, if I were told to stay on a particular path, I’d be racking my brain to submit more names along those lines. I find it puzzling that it would be a de-motivator for anyone.

I find it helpful to know the reason for the “no,” as it helps me narrow in on better names. More information about what the client wants is always a better thing. I will never ask to know less.

(Maybe there can be an opt-out on the e-mails for people who don’t want the information?)

1 Like

I don’t know that a generic reason for nty’s is that helpful. I know after I racked my brains to come up with meaningful and pertinent taglines for a contest, I got 2 refused saying they were “too generic”.It actually insulted me. I would rather have them not say anything at all and just refuse them,as I feel they were not generic at all…but constructed particularly for this contest. And their blanket comment gives me no info about why they thought they were.So I will not be entering any more.

1 Like

Getting a generic nty is not helpful at all. That’s just my generic opinion, but I’m sticking with it. LOL…Happy Friday Everyone!

4 Likes

Same here on some points of this particular comment.I’m just gonna stay focused…:smirk:

1 Like

One thought I’d like to share:
The reason for the addition of these automatic feedback choices may not be just us Creatives. I frequently read the CH testimonials on the landing page to get an idea of their mindset, and there was actually one CH recently who suggested this feature. She said she felt it was disrespectful to creatives’ work to send no response, but individually responding to hundreds of entries was very stressful.
So while this feature may not be perfect, I do think it was motivated by good intentions. Maybe it will just take some tweaking on the delivery (like no emails unless they are actually individualized feedback.)

6 Likes

Please, please,please do something else to have CH’s give reasons for refusal of entries, then generic buttons to push. I just had 2 like it names in a contest reduced to ntys…with the reason…too generic. So how were they like its for a few days,and good names for them… then suddenly are too generic and refused? I think this new system is not helpful, and is insulting instead. I rather have nothing said than this.

No pun intended hollygirl…that was my whole deal with this thread.I like you…rather have nothing said at all bc in my mind the name was spot on according to the briefs specifics.

1 Like

@ALDaisy1 "She said she felt it was disrespectful to creatives’ work to send no response, but individually responding to hundreds of entries was very stressful ".I THOUGHT THAT’S WHAT THE PUBLIC COMMENTS SECTIONS ROLE IS? @geniuswaitress Maybe "not a motivator "was the correct terminology. .Imma put it this way. .a message like that imho could at least be backed up with a “like”.Just my thoughts bc like I stated it is an awesome name! In all fairness to our treasured ch’s,they are very intitled to their opinion.I myself was fine with no explanation. I’ve always tought my boys. .if you get told no. .then no means no(don’t have to be a reason)-I have applied this discipline to my activity on this wonderful site. I accepted that ch’s don’t have to have a reason to say no, thank you.

2 Likes

How can one improve if they don’t ask why when someone says no? Just accepting no and moving on, may be convenient, but not knowing the reason will simply increase the likelihood that one will make the same mistakes again. Of course, asking ‘why not?’ over and over again like a 2-year old child isn’t helpful either.

4 Likes

You have to also remember the ch is getting bombarded with entries and i really dont care if its a nty or a love it or a suck it your name blows! If it aint a win its all the same to me. Im amazwd they have the time and patience to look over each name much less give feedback. And maybe they change their mind in comparison to names they receive throughout the contest. Maybe your name they liked but then someone submitted some names that really blew other names out of the water. I wish they had the time to lead us all to that perfect name but truth is its gonna hit or its gonna miss. The dismissal is immanent to 99 of 100 of us. Id rather be dropped from the gate than to be led on lol.

4 Likes

It’s a hard truth but you’re right! But that truth doesn’t ease the blow for some. Sometimes I can look at it like that and others I literally want to wash my hands of this whole thing LOL

3 Likes

The only reason most of us can’t look at it that way is because there are ratings attached that are different than just the two option of 'hit ’ or ‘miss’. We all realize that only one of us can win in most cases and we’re all okay with that. Why we can’t look at it that way all the time, @Dansma, is because there are such things as NTYs, OTRTs, Likes, and Loves – Ratings. Ratings that carry with them the ability to reward and the ability to penalize depending on how the CH utilizes the use of these because attached to ratings are points and the influence ability of percentages – points that allow the use of several key features and percentages that enable the ability to participate to certain extents. That is what sometimes makes looking at it with that reassuring perspective of yours, difficult.

But I agree, ultimately you’re right, that’s just what impacts that – as well as the fact, for some of us, that we’re honestly here because we like to help and feedback, honestly, is one of the most essential functions of the difference between an entry that you see that makes people scoff at how ridiculous or nonsensical it is and an entry that makes you go OMG WOW!

2 Likes

@grant
I was just thinking that getting the e-mail on reason4ratings isn’t really necessary as it will be tagged on the entry itself.Any thoughts?

2 Likes

In all actuality , the only perks from preferred ratings are; submitting more entries per contest… however essentially we all have unlimited entries unless theyre liked or loved…and some extra contests i think maybe. Overall, by just a summarization of a CHs vision at its entirety without him meticulously elaborating, we’re all just grasping at straws! And if we get a contest thats not detailed to the extent needed or hoped for to accurately direct our submissions, heaven help us. I dont always look at it the way i described before, i get bummed and sometimes shocked but at the end of the day, not my call. So i suck it up and try to do better.

Yes there are other perks im aware, points for early access etc…

Actually, there are many that are limited to only 5-10 submissions, not everyone has a lot of submissions – submissions depend upon your ratings from that contest (and others)/percentage and newer members also don’t have a lot of submission opportunities. There are also early access, best entry, submitting names for consideration of the market, and now likes are taken into consideration for some splits on some abandoned contests. So there are many perks and with each perk – if you don’t have access to them, they can also be seen as penalizations on the other side of the token. Also if you don’t maintain certain percentages you also can lose your tier status which means inability to enter certain contests. With this being said, there is a lot more at stake than what you imply and these things at stake may not be obligatory or much important to you, but there are some here whom it does matter to, and quite a bit. So feedback, as I was meaning, to those that want to strive for these things, strive for at least trying to actually help the CH, or even both – can be essential.

However, I digress, we all do what we can – some more than others. We all also value different things – some more than others. And I think taking all perspectives into view is important, because yes – you can never please anyone. However, CHs should be the ones that are pleased and feedback, in my opinion, helps give direction, helps show interaction, and is a mandatory thing in real world brainstorming branding sessions and can be important here, as well, to ensure that the CHs are pleased.

Yes but u can submit as many as you would like u just have to delete current submissions. And im sure that those that it doesnt matter to dont take the time or effort to participate in such forums. So i think evryone here, is here for essentially the same thing. And if youre implying i am not whole heartedly a part of this site and it doesnt matter to me my ratings or the details surrounding, not the case. Best of luck to all creatives.

Hi everyone -

At this point, you will be seeing Additional Insights in your Activity Feed, as well on the entry itself. If you are still receiving any other notifications (e.g. in your message center or email) please report this using the blue button on any page of Squadhelp.com.

4 Likes