Live contests with registered domains question

Would SH allow creatives to ask this question in a public message?:
“Dear CH: I see that there is a domain registered on your contest. Have you found your winning name or was that not your registration? I ask in the interest of managing my time.”

(or something very polite so they understand that if they have already registered domains in a contest, we know that they are just waiting for the clock to run out).

I personally do not enter contests that already have registered domains in them even though I know that it is possible that the CH did not register the domains. Since CHs are allowed to register domains, I think it would be nice (and fair) if we could ask them this question so long as it is extremely polite.

1 Like

Yeah, this is a very sensitive subject here. I’m not even sure what can or cannot be said in the forums about it. I had alerted sh 3 times over the last 3 days,via window message box upon seeing D.R. in open contest, and got the sense that they might have been in error. Due to the fact it was a holiday weekend…I have yet to hear back from them. Happy Tuesday, btw.

1 Like

We do not allow Creatives to ask CHs directly about reported domain.

Squadhelp manages the communication with CHs regarding domain registration because we do not want a CH to get multiple messages from SH team as well as Creatives about domain registrations, especially because the vast majority of domains are not actually registered by the CH.

When a domain registration is reported, we already send the CH messages and followups. In cases where they confirm that they registered a domain, we also inform the CH to either select a winner early and close the contest, or send the bonus to the creative. They also have the ability to pause the contest in case they are not looking for any additional names.

If a contest is active, and a CH is continuing to provide ongoing feedback, it is a strong sign that they have not yet found a winning name.

I can’t say that I agree but OK. I just wanted it to be fair to us is all. I wasn’t talking about my own registrations I was talking about seeing registrations and being hesitant to enter a contest because of it. But I can just keep doing what I am doing. Thanks for responding. Too bad SH won’t allow us.

@Grant, When a domain registration is reported, we already send the CH messages and followups. “In cases where they confirm that they registered a domain”, we also inform the CH to either select a winner early and close the contest, or send the bonus to the creative. They also have the ability to pause the contest in case they are not looking for any additional names.

In cases where a CH has confirmed that they purchased one of the domains, I would think that SH would then have the right and ability to close the contest, since the purchase of a domain would signal to me that they found a name already. In one contest, two days ago, there were 2 reported domains, then 3, and by yesterday it was up to Five. How is that fair to the creatives whose names were taken and not compensated? Isn’t leaving the contest open without first officially claiming a winner and or compensating the creative only encouraging that type of ill practice. Thanks.

3 Likes