We are pleased to announce a new feature that provides additional monetization opportunity and name protection for our creative community.
Introducing: Instant Domains
Soon, we will be adding a new section on our website called “Instant Domains,” which will allow potential customers to purchase names directly by paying a fixed amount. This section is intended for those potential customers who may not be interested in the contest format.
How Does It Work?
Creatives can nominate any of their previously submitted entries by clicking a button from your “My Entries” page. If your name is approved, Squadhelp will deduct 1000 points from your account, and will pay for the domain registration. Your name will then be listed for sale in the Instant Domain section.
Squadhelp will advertise these names to those customers who may be looking for a name but are not interested in the contest format.
You will also be able to continue to submit these names in future contests, if you would like.
How does it benefit the creatives?
- This allows you to protect your high-quality names from potential registration by anyone.
- Squadhelp will not only pay for the domain registration costs, but will also invest in ongoing marketing/advertising to increase the visibility and likelihood of selling these names.
- You have the option to continue to submit the name in Squadhelp naming contests.
- If someone purchases the name from the Instant Domains, you will be credited with a $300 award to your account.
- If you submit the name to a contest, and it is selected as a winner, you will receive the award amount associated with that contest.
How long will my name be listed for?
- Squadhelp will pay for the first year of your domain registration costs. If the domain does not sell within a year,
- Squadhelp reserves the right to not renew the domain registration. In that case, the domain registration will expire and the name will go back to the open pool of available domains. In that case, it will also be removed from Instant Domains at that time.
What price would customers pay if they buy the name?
- All names will be listed for a fixed price of $599. This also includes validation services that will be offered by Squadhelp (e.g. Trademark and Linguistics Analysis by a licensed Trademark attorney, Domain transfer to the customer, etc).
Can I list this name for sale in other marketplaces?
- No. Since Squadhelp will be the owner of record for the domain name, you will not be able to list it for sale in other marketplaces.
- What happens If I submit the name to a naming contest which offers a lower award?
- You are allowed to submit the name to any contest. In that case, if your name is selected as a winner, you will only receive the award amount associated with that contest. For example, when you submit the name to a bronze package contest ($100 award), you will receive the $100 award if your domain is selected as a winner.
- Once your name is selected as a winner in a contest, it will be automatically removed from the Instant Domains section.
- Squadhelp will handle the domain transfer to the contest holder, at no extra cost to you.
Does this mean Squadhelp is becoming a domain marketplace?
Absolutely not! Naming contests are the core focus of our platform, and they will continue to be. The Instant Domains section is for those customers who are not comfortable in the contest format. This section will only offer a small amount of hand-picked and highly curated names for different industries. In addition, this feature allows additional monetization opportunities to creatives, as well as protection of their names.
In the next few days you will see a new link available in your My Entries page, which would allow you to start nominating your names. If your name is approved (or rejected), you will receive an email from Squadhelp team.
In the meantime, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask here or by sending us a direct message.