How Would You Improve The Site?

congratulations hon Im sure you will be a wonderful mom, enjoy your sweet baby you worked hard to get him. Blessings

3 Likes

I would like to be able to withdraw a ā€œno thank youā€ rated entry without it being deleted altogether from my entries page. Hereā€™s why:
If I have a strong entry that a CH turns down, I cannot submit it into the marketplace until the contest is closed because it is marked as ā€œin an active contestā€. But I also cannot withdraw the entry without it disappearing (unless I have entered it in a contest before). I could deal with the waiting as far as the marketplace goes, but I do not like leaving those entries in contests once they have received a low rating. I know a lot of creatives prefer to leave "no thank you entriesā€™ alone, just in case they might later be upgraded or for reporting domain registration purposes, but I strongly prefer to withdraw mine. Is there anything that could be done to keep entries from disappearing from My Entries when we withdraw them from a contest?

8 Likes

I agree, I would like to be ABLE to withdraw my entries time to time in certain personal and even certain general situations, but I rarely feel like I am ā€˜ableā€™ to do so because of this very thing. Itā€™s the only reason why I cannot. There have been times I have had no other choice but to withdraw a few names and those are names I lost to the ether because we cannot add hand written idea entries to the entries page (which would be cool) and the only way to get a name back is to put it into another contest and go through all of that again. So some good names we could submit or ā€˜bookmarkā€™ or whatnot go to waste because when we pull them, we lose them. I donā€™t want to lose an entry or idea nor the ability to sub it to marketplace just because I had to withdraw it for whatever reason. At the least, it should show up in our entries just like any other. If entries for non-url contests and entries for tagline contests can be in our entries page when we canā€™t do much with those, then names we submit but have to pull that have more use should be able to be there too, I would think. All of our entries can serve purposes and having the ability to access them can be important and beneficial.

6 Likes

Hi this is a little off subject but are you saying we can submit names that have not received a high rating from a previous contest? Just as long as it has been previously submitted?
Thanks
Shanna

@Shanna Yes, you can submit any previous entry, regardless of whether the entry recieved a high rating or not. Of course, higher rated entries might have a better chance, generally speaking, but Iā€™ve had several accepted by the marketplace that were never rated at all when I originally submitted them into a contest.

Oh I somehow missed that, it will be a help, I Was running out of loves and likes to enter. Thanks a bunch.
Shanna

@AlDaisy1 - We will consider adding a separate section for withdrawn entries in the My Entries page. However, this will take some time to develop.

6 Likes

When a marketplace name is entered into a contest and receives a high rating, we are prevented from entering it into another contest until the first one is closed. This seems counter-intuitive to me, since the name is already registered and could be sold at any time through the marketplace. Any chance of making instant domains exempt from this restriction?

6 Likes

Hmmmā€¦ After I read your post I went to go look at the ratings and I only see 2 contests available and they both show that the CH has rated 0 entries. Do we all have access to different contests? I have access to contest #'s 070618 & 080618. Is it the same for you?

@Chasity2ku Iā€™m actually referring to normal contests, where we are allowed to enter our own marketplace domains. As far as the marketplace-only beta contests, yes, I only see 2 and there are no ratings.

2 Likes

Ohā€¦gotcha, thank you!

Yes, I cent percent agree with you. Please , I would also request SH to rework on this issue.

1 Like

@ALDaisy1 - Thank you for this thought. We probably will not make any changes to this policy in the immediate future, but will reconsider at a later date.

It is important to note that we do allow customers to ā€œHoldā€ a domain in the marketplace for a period of time - and this is a similar function.

In such cases can we ask the CH to check this entry in the market place listing. I feel in the market place listing if a name is on hold still others can view it and can shortlist it. And here it is differentā€¦ we are unable to enter the name in contests looking for Premium domains.

Unfortunately, you cannot suggest names to the CH in any way other than submitting that name into a contest.

A couple of improvement suggestions

1. As of now the CHā€™s are allowed to state that they are open to premium domains but being able to enter them is an entirely other matter. Itā€™s a pain and quite frankly often ugly the way we have to enter these PremiumNameSEECOMMENTS.com. I just recently had to explain to a CH that we are unable to enter a premium domain (other than those in the marketplace) without adding something to the domain. They were highly confused and questioning (even with my comment in the comments section explaining the PremiumName.com was for sale etc and they were still confused and under the impression that I was trying to offer them the domain PremiumNameSEECOMMENTS.com . Even without that specific instance it does prove to be problematic occasionally said domain name is right at the max number of characters allowed by the CH which removes the possibility of adding anything to the name and therefore requires a much less attractive approach to sharing the idea with the CH.

My suggestion - find a way to allow us to enter premium domain ideas and have them marked as a ā€œpremium domainā€ like those that are entered from the marketplace (to avoid confusion on the CHā€™s end). A small section that allows us to either provide a link to the sales page or list the asking price or inquiry required status for the suggested domain.

1. Further encourage CH"s that are open to Premium domains to give an actual price range for this. I run across premium domains that range from $300 to $250,000 + thatā€™s a large difference and likely not the right range for the majority of the clientele.

2. I did see this already brought up but would like to just add my support to being able to at least view withdrawn entries somewhere on my entries page.

Thanks in advance for the consideration

7 Likes

@LynnParks - Thank you for your feedback.

At this time, premium domains should only be submitted from the Squadhelp Marketplace. There is one exception: The Squadhelp internal team may work directly with a CH to discuss their need for a very specific type or style of premium domain. In this case, the Squadhelp team will place a very clear message in the brief that the contest is open to outside premium domains, and we will provide a budget at that time. If you do not see this message, please stick to Marketplace domains.

Also, we are developing the ability to see withdrawn names in the My Entries Page. This may take some time.

5 Likes

If we are only limited to SH Marketplace names, that means we are probably only limited to our own premium names that have been accepted but some of us have names that have been purchased that have not been accepted and weā€™ve had to list elsewhere and those could be fitting. Secondly Iā€™ve had it brought up on my personal entries in SH managed contests when I have submitted a misspelled real word domain that the SH entity managing the contest had come across that the real word real spelling name was available as a domain for purchase offsite which was a big bonus and therefore even rated my entry favorably because of this. Doesnā€™t this limit options available to the CH considerably? There are many marketplaces out there and billions of domains available for sale and the CHs are searching for names and open to premium names, in some cases, because they know they canā€™t find or come up with fitting domains themselves. Arenā€™t we effectively making this easier for them by helping them to find a name in some way?

5 Likes

@grant Just a suggestion- Now that we are seeing more contests looking for overarching names for a series of products would it be possible for SH to provide how ever many entry lines per name. I was under the impression that everytime we submit a name we have to submit all as a group or none. That would maybe make it easier for the CH, Squadhelp MS, and the Creative.for example ā€¦ they are looking for 4 names the CH could select 4 names and that would populate boxes 1.2.3 and 4 and the appropriate name could be entered by the creative and when it is reviewed back of the house and the submission is sent thru they dont have to sift. For example if you have 2 of the 4 names they like but the other 2 still need work then you could just fill in the appropriate box to submit and leave the others blank. Just an idea.

7 Likes

WoW. ā€¦I musta missed some valuable information. .I had no idea we were to enter marketplace premium names/domains only.

4 Likes