How Would You Improve The Site?

What about a submission dashboard for the pending contest tab (not just active)? Sometimes I want to see where I stand with high rated names in pending contests, without having to scroll through the long list of contests, having to click ‘view more’ a couple times (probably more for heavy users).

@Grant: I would LOVE to have an “exclude from view” button/option. It would allow me to exclude contests from my view that I am not participating in for reasons of my own. Thanks.

2 Likes

I agree. This is a ‘valuable tool’ Any information available must be a bonus.

It’d be nice if paused contests were shaded red, similar to how some are blue. This will prevent me from selecting it only to find its paused and I can’t enter and have to go back and start scrolling again.

3 Likes

I think the rating system should be revisited. In just a matter of days I’ve seen my ratings plummet 10 points because of a few stubborn CH’s giving all negative feedback and dislikes to all of the names submitted… Some people are just never happy with anything, and we shouldn’t have our rating buried simply because one CH doesn’t like our naming style…

2 Likes

This has been brought up many times before and as you can see, nothing was changed. The wording on the ‘No, Thank You’ should be changed to something similar to the other ratings. If not changed, then removed completely. For whatever reason, the ‘On the right Track’ rating is ignored in almost all contests. And there is almost no way that most names wouldn’t be on the right track if the namer reads the brief.

I wanted to bring up (again) the idea of having a unique Identifier or number for each contest. This number would appear on the contest as well as in any correspondence to do with the contest. I spend more time trying to find contests than I do actually naming. I think this would make things so much easier !!! (for me anyway). I also find sometimes when I click on a link that is sent by e-mail it takes me to an entirely different contest. This would remove that frustration as well. If anyone else would find this helpful please let SH know. Thank you.

2 Likes

Not sure if I’m on same topic here? I know it’s been brought up about a symbol or something for the paused contest to be readily identifiable. …here’s my suggestion. Put this stamp or something similar but in colors red (stopped) green (restarted) out beside the trophy or somewhere easy to notice. Sample stamp attached.

PS: Forgot to add…I often want to enter contest only to find out they’re paused.Visual symbol on contest home pages would be time saving.

3 Likes

If I am at the forum, as I am now, and I press the ‘home’ icon, it doesn’t take me to the forum home page, it takes me to the SquadHelp main page. And conversely, if I press the SquadHelp icon while at the forum, it doesn’t take me to the SquadHelp main page, it takes me to the forum main page. Just seems a little illogical to me. Maybe the links should be switched.

3 Likes

I just went through all of my entries, and excluded the ones that I didn’t want included in the Instant Recommendations. However, when I click on the name again, the check mark doesn’t stay in place, so there isn’t a way for me to know that it is being excluded. Maybe adding a filter on the My Entries page to filter by names that are currently being excluded would be useful. This could be handy in the future if someone decides that they want to release any of their currently excluded names.

1 Like

I feel the ability to report a domain registration should be extended past 30 days if a contest is still finalizing a winner after the 30 days has passed, particularly for the high ranked entries into the contest.

4 Likes

@ALDaisy1…you can. Just copy and paste the contest info and whois info via the blue chat button

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. :slight_smile: I try not to use the chat feature unless it’s really necessary, I know everyone has their hands full.

@ALDaisy1 , @LisaMac: You can, though SquadHelp will only look into within the 30 day time frame…the following is from Squad Help’s Reported Domain Policy guideLines.

“In order for us to investigate a domain, it must be reported within 30 days of submission to a contest”.
http://helpdesk.squadhelp.com/important-sh-policies/reported-domain-registration-policy

Actually, they will look into it if there appears to be a match with the CH.

@Commulinks, There have been a few times, when I reported a name after the 30 days and received an email or via Window, stating that it was reported past the 30 day time frame, and they do not look into reported domains past the 30 days. Was there an updated post somewhere that I missed, because the above info (SH Link) was updated a week ago.
Thanks~

@Kral they can , will and do look into domain registrations after the 30 day mark. If its after 30 days, you need to do it via the blue chat button.
Registered Domain Reporting as per Grant:
The 30 day rule has no implication on contest holder’s obligation to pay for names they use. If they use a name from a contest, as per our Term of Service, they are required to compensate the creative by sending a bonus. Registering a name on 35th day or even 60th day doesn’t change their obligation to pay for the name they use. The courtesy emails we send (without any evidence) are only sent during the first 30 days. After 30 days, you can still report any names to us by sending us a message . If we see any evidence that the name was registered by the CH, we will followup with the CH even if 30 days have passed

2 Likes

LisaMac responded but I just wanted to say that what she said is true and like she said, you have to use the blue bubble to report it. I’ve done it many times and SH responds very quickly to tell you whether or not the registration matches the CH.

2 Likes

@LisaMac, @Commulinks, Thanks for the Update. I had never REPORTED it this way, only the regular Reported Domain Link per Contest.

2 Likes

Only wanted to add, I also check on whois and unfortunately there has never been any obvious connection to a CH. But again…Thanks for the info! I appreciate it.

1 Like