How Would You Improve The Site?

Thanks Alwritey. For me, it’s not about being insulted or offended by the orange face. It doesn’t insult me, it discourages me to see a stream full of them. It doesn’t motivate me to go back. It sometimes makes me log off. I understand why we have to have it, I just don’t want to be discouraged by them and sometimes it is hard. Like I said in my last post - it is all psychology. People are motivated by positive things, not negative. So the No Thank You is fine, so long as I can hide them.

1 Like

I’m in (I think) a small minority of creatives who isn’t upset if all my entries aren’t rated by a CH. I’ve had wins come out of the blue where nothing was rated and I ended up winning. And I’ve also been in situations where I was led to believe I had a good chance of winning and that didn’t happen. So however they want to word “No Thank You” (it seems polite enough) or think about my entries later, I accept it. I don’t accept things like a CH choosing a name they already suggested in the brief.

3 Likes

I hear ya, CLinks, but I get so many Orange Faces that it doesn’t even bother me any more. :laughing:

What does bother me is when my Love ratings go all way down to Nah’s with no explanation. :anguished:

2 Likes

It is entirely possible that I am the only one discouraged by a string of orange faces and I mean that with all sincerity. I don’t want SH to do anything just because of me. So I am really glad that @AlwriteyThen Then and @Auntshommy spoke up. I don’t want to cause anyone any work for nothing!

1 Like

@communilinks
I have won contests that had no rating (shocking as it was) I personally don’t have an opinion on the ratings or their title. On the other hand the dark green faces have come back an nipped me in the bud on more than one occasion. I just don’t understand the overall rankings,so I just keep moving on to the ones I can enter.

1 Like

I was thinking about this at work: There’s something else I wish could be changed. It’s occurred recently and is one of my pet peeves. My percentage drops by the day because of this:
If a CH throws out a certain word, like: "Please try to find names with xyzquo! Or names with AppleOrange! when we submit names including what’s been recommended, “No Thank You” seems really inappropriate. I don’t know how to get around it, ratings-wise, so I’m throwing it out there to the rest of you. Once a CH makes a suggestion for part of the name, is there a way to prevent “No Thank Yous” as the rating? Any ideas? :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

This is also my extreme pet peeve and I too, would love to find a way to fix it.

1 Like

You’re not alone, Clinks. I just found the orange no thank yous less offensive than the mean red ones. Yikes, they were horrible! I almost think we should go back to stars

1 Like

@Grant would it be possible for our stats tab under our account to be the same as the Public Profile stats? The stats tab cuts off the number contests entered in the current month and doesn’t show wins like the public profile does.

@Commulinks - I have shared this with the engineering team. We will make this update.

1 Like

Thank you for a very well run and thought-through website.

I have just one suggestion. If a winning entry has a comment (for example, Formosa is Latin for Beautiful) I would like the comment to be displayed along with the winning entry in Winners section.

1 Like

While I am here at the laptop typing, I have another suggestion. I would like to see a simple feature added where I can move my submissions up or down after submitting them. My creative process works in a focused way. For example, I get a thought in my head for say a streaming name. Let’s say Beam. So from there I go to BeamStream, BeamSling, BeamDream, then CineBeam. Miraculously all the domains are available and I submit them all. However, I really like CineBeam the best and would like to CH to view that submission first. I have my own personal ranking of my entries that I currently cannot adjust before it is seen by the CH. When I look at my entries, they doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to how they are ordered. There will be new entries mixed in with previously seen entries. I like having the highest rated on top. Is there a simple way to allow the creatives to order them to their liking prior to being viewed by the CH? I do believe there is some psychology to back the idea that if the first submission they read isn’t your best, the remaining submissions will be colored. The whole “You get one chance to make a first impression” phenomena. I take great pride in my work and would love every opportunity to put my best foot forward. Thanks for having a great site. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

[quote=“Stanja1, post:809, topic:1179”]
I really like CineBeam the best and would like to CH to view that submission first.[/quote]
This sounds like a good reason to use your Best Entry designation to me. :wink:

3 Likes

If possible, an option to sort contests by ratings received would be useful. Contests where a creative has recieved the most loves would be at the top, then the ones with most likes and so on. Would make finding and focusing on contests where we are connecting well with contest holders, easier.

2 Likes

Lightless, would it be helpful to do this in your activity feed? You can sort by Love it or Like it. Just a thought :sunny:

@ChristyMay Thanks for that tip! Never noticed it before. Green looks so much nicer. LOL

1 Like

@ChristyMay Hey! I never noticed that can be done, either! Thank you! Geez, I keep learning new things!

1 Like

lol…annoloc, yes I agree…when I am seeing too many orange faces it is nice to sort by Love Its and soak in the green :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Stanja1 - This is a cool idea. Just so you know, currently CHs are shown the most recent entries first.

I would like the option of searching the entire contest briefs and not just the headlines.

1 Like