So Grant, let me say this better. This is ALL psychology and getting CHs AND creatives to do things. So from the creative side, I will tell you what makes me go back to a contest and keep trying. (It is NEVER when I have all no thank yous but other contestants may be motivated by that, I don't know).
I go back to a contest and keep trying, sometimes REALLY HARD when:
- A CH puts a really nice comment on a name BUT there are LOVES and I only have likes.
- A CH sends an update to the brief that is a change of direction or offers more clarity on what they want after seeing the names they've gotten so far.
I do not go back to contests when:
1. I get a super insulting comment from a CH.
2. The CH posts something really negative in a public message.
3. I have nothing but no thank yous, especially when they do it within 5 minutes of my submissions.
4. There are 50 loves already and I have brain freeze.
5. Silent CHs with no ratings.
So it is all about what motivates us to go back and try again. And with the CH, the loves, likes, right track don't accomplish the goal of getting them to really decipher if they will choose a name or not.
Thanks so much for listening. It really is about the psychology behind this and getting the best names for the CHs.