@Grant I know this is a really tired subject around here...but....because there seems to be a shift, I'm going to bring up the dreaded word again:
It seems as though CHs are not using the ratings as intended and I feel like maybe it is messing some things up - like our scores AND most importantly, it is impacting how we view what is happening on a contest. Here's what I see:
1. CHs using On the Right Track for everything they didn't reject
2. CHs using only Likes or loves and no rejects
3. CHs who think that the No thank you is just a way to sort
4. CHs who "love" a ton of entries
5. Some indications (public messages from CHs) that contestants are telling CHs not to use No Thank You, which is why they are doing some of the above.
I feel like the ratings are just not hitting the mark. For example, I've seen CHs who keep writing to us to tell us they have not found the right name, but they have a dozen or more loves. When I see a ton of loves on a contest I haven't made traction on, I move on after exhausting my brain.
I'm hoping that we can revisit the rating system, is my point. I feel like it really impacts a lot of things, including how WE perceive a contest. Another good example: If I get to a contest late and I see they have rejected every name (or the vast majority except for one "on the right track"), I may not enter at all because I am likely to get more orange, too. You see what I mean? It may be changing our behavior. Then, the CH doesn't answer when a contestant asks questions so we can get them more names they like.
I don't have the answer but I am hoping we can work on it.