How Would You Improve The Site?

@tkpro72 I may be able to help you with that, may not be able to. But when this was just happening to me about an hour ago as well, I signed out completely and went in and cleared my cache and my browser history and cookies for just the past week. Then when I logged in, I removed the additional entry that had been created, tried to enter another and then it didn’t do it again and also it’s like that entry never happened because my submission count seems to only be counting the ones that have submitted properly.

So, try that, if you can and maybe it will help for you too. If not, I would use the bubble and talk to SH and see if they can get techsupport on it and find out where the issue may be. Hope this helps!

Edit to Add: I think this is happening because they just made the changes to the submission page and there may be some type of interference with whats been cached on our browsers versus the new changes.

Thanks rareworthy. I’ll try that and see what happens.

1 Like

I’m having a different issue: My entries are typing themselves all over the place instead of in a straight line. This never used to happen under the old format. I have to retype everything a few times before it’s formatted accurately.

1 Like

I am having issues when I type in an entry, then all of a sudden I get transferred over to the CH profile page. It doesn’t happen every time, but at least 10% of the time. Very annoying, then I have to click to go back and re- enter my entry(entries). Not sure why it’s doing that…hopefully you can check into it. And, no, it’s not on one particular contest, it has happened on several different ones.

For me…if you enter a domain other than a .com…even when the name is available,a box will pop up saying “please submit available domains.” I have to try to circumvent the box by choosing the domain I want before I enter the name…but then when it accepts the entry…it will not do it in the right format.For example it will enter the name as xxxx.couk…instead of xxxx.co.uk.

3 Likes

@tkpro72 @auntshommy @jackieheraty @hollygirl Hello!

I’m sorry to hear about your troubles with submitting entries! I have notified our tech team of these issues and they have now been fixed. Please keep us informed if you are experiencing any more issues. It would also help to know what browser / device you are using when these issues occur. Thanks!

-Rachel

I’m on an iPhone SE newest IOS. The entry window is very cumbersome. I can only submit one entry at a time and it’s very difficult to scroll to the bottom to hit submit.

I’ve asked several times before with no response…but can we please have the timer for the contest countdown of time left be on the actual contest page,so if we are submitting last minute entries, we know exactly how much time is left? Thanks!

2 Likes

@VelocityGirl Thank you for the feedback! I will pass this info on to our tech team.

@hollygirl We have seen your request and have taken note of it. We are working hard to get through a long list of features that will improve our platform for everyone’s benefit. We get a lot of great feedback everyday! :grinning: I don’t have an exact time frame, but we will incorporate requests discussed on the forum in the future.

-Rachel

1 Like

Thanks! This is just a pain the way it is…as you have to have another page open to the list of active contests and keep toggling back and forth to see what time is left. Appreciate your help!

1 Like

you know what I miss? When you would type an entry and it would autofill options automatically from a dropdown list. was that helpful for everyone? or do people dislike it?

1 Like

@woods30 Was that on SH? I don’t remember this and yet you joined after me, I believe. Did I miss something? Lol. I don’t remember this unless I am not remembering something. :joy:

maybe it’s the browser i’m using?? or refreshing a setting on my computer?

I used to start typing an entry and then suggestions would pop up. (entries I previously submitted)

1 Like

Same here. I really liked that feature as well! : )

1 Like

I have a small request of SH. Somewhere along the line our notifications on private comments and the notifications that come from messages on the contest began looking the same in my inbox. So instead of “New private comment from CH” … they all say “New Comment Added by CH”

I can’t tell them apart in my inbox now and I really miss that.
Thanks

4 Likes

Another request of SH, if possible. I use my watch list a lot. Sometimes, I put contests on it when I reported a domain registration. I got back and check those to see if any more of my names were registered on certain contests that I wonder about. But I would like to have a list where I can put all of my registered domains that is separate from the watch list because they get in the way. There’s really nothing I can do about registered domains except report them, but I have had contests where all of my names got registered and I do go back and check. Thanks.

3 Likes

Hi @Commulinks,

Both are great suggestions! I will bring those to the SH Team. :grinning:

-Rachel

1 Like

Would the team consider,( and i know prob not a high priorty at this moment) but most know i am all for protecting our names, sometimes you just feel it in your gut that a name may go…
I propose and hear me out an Insurance option bought with points, Regardless of the rating on the entry , shall it go to abandoned stage that entry would be considered for the split alongvwith love its/like its, shall the contest have no ratings the entry would then be giving priorty on splits
Heres the catch you must buy the insurance before you submit any entries (this would stop people from buying there own name). Unless they can predict the future)

4 Likes

Might there also be an option on an abandoned contest to give us 24-48 hours to withdraw an entry that we think may be spectacular so that we may use it again in the future? I’d hate for a really good entry to go by the wayside just because a CH dropped a contest and the winning spot needed to be shared. In some cases, I’d rather backpedal a decent entry as withdrawn than to be in the running for a shared collected win.

that would be very appealing. I know there are billions of people in the world. But in the entire history of the internet, my entry never existed as a domain, and now all of a sudden the week I enter it here - the domain gets registered? Too much of a coincidence for me. Especially when the names are obscure. I’m all for protecting a name, especially when I know they are A+ quality.

1 Like