How Would You Improve The Site?

I’ve had that happen. I think they should be responsible for following the rules just as we are. Regardless if they release it or not they bought it so you should be the winner automatically when it matches and than bonuses if they choose more after. We shouldn’t be made to have our domain tied up while they decide if anything better comes along.

4 Likes

In the spirit of transparency, I’d like to know how many comments on entries or private messages a contest holder has sent on a contest. So if they leave two “love notes” on my entries…I want to know if they really do love me or if they are just a player and tell all of the girls those nice things. :smile:

7 Likes

As mentioned earlier, I would love to search by length of name- especially .coms, as people always want short, easy to spell .coms. Or at least just have all of the domain only (exact match) entries grouped together somehow. ALSO, I want to know when I search MY ENTRIES if the name is for a dot com or not. If I entered jerry.com, the name on My Entries is “Jerry”. I’d like to see Jerry.com so I would know that it is available.

2 Likes

Can we have the contest breif on the main contest page match the contest breif when you click to submit an entry and go to the contest breif in that section. The missing details are generally important IMO.

10 Likes

Oh…I have thought the same thing so many times when pertinent details don’t show up on the submit entry page as the brief. Many times I have had to back out and go to the original brief in order to read all the info.Thanks for bringing that up!

5 Likes

I’d like to be able to sort contests by CH rating or most recent CH activity

1 Like

Have another thought.

On the contest list page (active contests) there is the number in brackets to represent how many entries we have submitted into a contest. A nice addition to this would be an indicator as to whether one or more of my entries are one of the highest rated. E.g the contest has:

2 Loves
10 Likes

And I have one of the two loves, an indicator; maybe next to the number in brackets; that lets me know that I have one of the highest rated entries.

I find myself always searching through the contest list trying to remember which contests I’m in with a shot. Also I like to check my high rated entries to see if they have been registered. This might help to check these entries.

Thanks for listening, Aidos!

Just had a thought about how CH’s see entries, not sure how entries are usually seen but i would assume list form, So to put it in perspective i am sitting at my desk and someone hands me a paper with 500 names on it, ok i saw them all but didn’t really “see” them all (Make sense?) add in additional work to review comments
What i propose is a flashcard type system for the Ch a screen with 2 - 4 or 6 boxes/flashcards, each with a contestants entry and comment along with a reply box and the smiley system, the CH then clearly “sees” each name and comment all in one, Once all 4 are rated/or eliminated a new set will appear., I am also sure a list system could be be integrated for editing ratings.
Anyone have thoughts on this?

Skevans, you can always go to “My Account” and then check the “Top Trending Dashboard” to see the projects in which you’re top-rated. … :eyes:

2 Likes

I suggest implementing a comment feature into the system that is tied to the rating systems and it should be a submit-able process for the CH and should be mandatory for feedback, learning, process, and benefit for both the CH and the creatives. I am new here and this is something that is already becoming frustrating. It seems that CHes don’t always know exactly know what to put in the briefs and the information can be lacking (not necessarily their fault, just and overlook type of thing not knowing how detailed or not to be), but still creatives want to try to submit ideas and then as a creative, the next thing you know all your ideas are :frowning: 'No, thank you’s and you don’t know why, you don’t know what you did wrong and either you don’t have ability to talk to the CH or you think it is something best to not bring up. So I think the process would be made better for everyone in all cases is if the rating system was made into a submission process and/or popup for each choice for the CH and this process should look like ‘Submitted Idea’ by ‘creative’, ‘creative’ says ‘comment’ with this submission (if comment is included) -> :smiley: :smile: :expressionless: :frowning: (as clickables) -> -instructions telling the creative that this process is made better for them and creatives if they leave feedback for their rating and any suggestions they may be able to offer as to why the rating was chosen and what they are looking for in case the creative would like to try again, and emphasize that it can be short or long but any feedback would help the process and ensure they get the best suggestions possible which is the hope and goal of SH.- -> [text box for their feedback] -> “submit rating & feedback” button (grayed out and unclickable until at least something is placed into the feedback box) -> feedback gets placed into the comments of the submission and the rating sends to the page of the contest and the page of the entries (like it does now).

I think this would really allow this process and SH to really be even more of a hand above most sites in doing this and it would make things better and less confusing and frustrating for all of this, as well as it would encourage CH and creatives to be more active as well, I would think, But, this is just a brainstormed idea in an effort to try to solve something that seems like a pretty sizable issue and frustration for both creatives and not knowing where they went wrong, and CHes not knowing why they aren’t getting ‘top notch’ ideas.

I would like to ask SH to give us a standardized blurb that we can insert into private messages to CHs when this happens:
A CH sends a comment asking us to submit a different and very specific name.

I have been in the very awkward position several times with CHs who send me private comments saying “please submit this name…(fill in the blank)”. I tell them I am not allowed to do that but I do want a CH to get the name they want and I am not quite sure what to tell them to do next. I’d really appreciate it if SH would give us all the standardized language or a link to point them to about what they should do about that. Otherwise, it sounds like it is coming from me, when in all actuality, I would dearly love to just go ahead and sub the exact name they told me and win that contest! But that is not fair to all of the creatives.
Thanks

2 Likes

@Commulinks You’e right, that doesn’t sound very fair at all (… and not to judge you personally as I am not sure how many contests you may or may not have won, but …) especially if such messages are being sent to high ranking members that have been here for quite a time and have the stats to prove it, as that would seem like the CHes are playing favorites based upon rankings and stats (which I would HOPE does not happen, though I have seen other topics saying this may be a possibility) which would be a bit detrimental to the system. I mean, it would mean that people on top, stay on top, and the new people – like me – would never have a chance to make much of headway within the process.

1 Like

@Commulinks I’m confused…are you saying CHs have sent you and potentially others private messages telling you to submit an entry that was in no way inspired by you so they could then select you as a winner?

@rareworthy I completely agree with you but I do want to point out that I’ve personally seen creatives rise to the top that have joined after me so I know it’s possible for noobs to do. But I’ve always thought creatives with less wins are at a disadvantage, especially now that SH is gaining more and more creatives. It makes it harder to get noticed. But I think having 20-30+ wins on your side might help in piquing a CHs attention. I think it misleads them into thinking those creatives might be more talented or have more branding knowledge than a creative with less wins.

1 Like

I have to agree with you, and honestly, I have already done many contests and many entries and out of the dozens and dozens of names I have already put out there, only one time did i even get a like it but then I got nipped in the bud because the CH changed the brief and decided they wanted a url which then my idea wasn’t available so tried to submit similar or better, and then they changed it back to no url and I have since not gotten another rating. Other than that, though, out of the probably 70-100 names I have submitted now in my bit of time here, all I have gotten is 'No Thank You’s

@Chasity2ku Yes…plus several other scenarios. Once, it was because the CH liked my other names and was acknowledging my work and wanted to give me a chance. Other times, it has been variations on the names I already submitted. But instead of just telling me…can you submit something along the lines of (insert some kind of spirit of a name)…they tell me exactly what name they want me to sub. It is only on contests that I have submitted names on. I am not talking about getting messages, only private comments on submissions.

I imagine there are many contestants who have been in a similar position. Now, whether or not they told the CH what the rules are is not for me to know. All I want is to have a standard answer I can plug in about 1) the rule and 2) what the CH can do that is fair to all.

@rareworthy I do not get a sense of that particular issue in what I am talking about. I have only been here since March. I’ve done OK here and have been in the top 25 one month but it really comes from CHs who suddenly get their own idea and want a creative to have a crack at it or when they want another very similar name to one you’ve subbed. Similar is different no matter what…and I have literally won and lost contests based on one letter variation. I think the scenario you are talking about is different and I’m not suggesting that. I don’t see any evidence of that, to be honest and I honestly would not tend to think that is happening.

@Commulinks Hmmm…there is definitley some grey area here, huh? I personally think if they are giving you an idea that is genuinely inspired by one of your entries, and the connection between the two ideas is obvious, it’s only fair they throw you a bone to perfect it. However, if it’s an idea that wasn’t inspired by you and they offer it up because they’ve connected with your entries etc. Then you could politely tell them you don’t feel comfortable submitting something you didn’t help create and even tho they don’t intend to use any of your ideas they could select their favorite entry to honor your effort and participation.

Or as you requested SH could whip up a default answer :wink:

SH rules say we cannot do it - and I assumed that meant under any scenario because each and every name is unique and if you thought of the name the CH wanted on your own and subbed it, then you should win and not me.

I have been telling CHs no and I usually report it SH because I don’t want anyone to think I would backdoor anything to win.

On another note, I’ve had CHs go back and edit their contest description after I subbed a name with a unique word that they liked. That is also very frustrating but it is not against any rules and it is fair to all to get to sub names with that word in it. Whether or not that is a very nice thing for the CH to do the contestant who thought if it is another matter.

1 Like

I don’t know the actual SH rules on the issue but that was my personal opinion. It’s also my opinion that it’s unfair and even plagarism for a CH to use words directly from a creatives entry in their updated brief. I feel if they like a creatives idea but want it tweaked then it’s only fair they collaborate with the source of inspiration. Otherwise it’s just giving someone’s precious ideas away. If the other creatives come up with similar ideas they can individually collaborate with them as well, on that particular idea. This imo is the sole purpose of a private message.

I think it’s important for the CH to remember that this is in fact a contest and the creatives don’t consider this a team effort!

I think a CH should be warned when editing a brief that they are prohibited from guiding creatives with words or verbiage submitted by other contestants.

I do want to point out I don’t think under ANY circumstance should a CH just give the winning entry to a creative. I think if they already know the winning name and it was inspired by an entry then they should pick that entry as the winner. But if they’ve got an idea that could help the creative tweak their idea to a higher level of consideration, then I personally think thats more appropriate than sharing their ideas with their competitors.

1 Like

I understand and can’t really say that I disagree except that SH’s rules are a certain way and I try to understand why…not always understanding why. It would be wonderful to be able to collaborate more with the CHs, especially when they are sending messages saying “love your work…please send more”…and we have no idea what they loved about it.

Thank you Chasity.

1 Like