How Would You Improve The Site?

lol…annoloc, yes I agree…when I am seeing too many orange faces it is nice to sort by Love Its and soak in the green :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Stanja1 - This is a cool idea. Just so you know, currently CHs are shown the most recent entries first.

I would like the option of searching the entire contest briefs and not just the headlines.

1 Like

I would like to see the number of submissions stay the same at a certain point. It is really discouraging to drop. It is truly discouraging enough to put forth a fair amount of creative energy only to get nothing but No Thank Yous when you felt like you had a bunch of winners. My brain or creative abilities have not changed. Nor has my ability to decipher the limited info given in most briefs. Therefore, I don’t think it serves any purpose to drop the number of entries I am allowed. I rarely, if ever, submit the max number. It’s the principle. Maybe once you hit something like 20 Love Its or have won a competition, your entry amount stays the same at 40? Thanks for listening.

Thanks for the tip. I will try using the Best Entry in the future.

I’d really like to know if a comment has been read or not!

I know there have been changes made to help ensure the CH sees them but there are still times I wonder. For example, I have an entry that has been seen for several days now but hasn’t been rated. I feel confident my 1st comment was seen but I added some more info that might help if they’re on the fence about it (as all my other entries have been promptly rated by this CH) but I’m sitting here wondering if they’ve even seen my other comment. I have no way to know. I know it won’t change anything but it drives me crazy when I put so much time into a contest and get nothing back. Honestly, if I could just see the comment was viewed I could move on, otherwise I’m sitting here half convinced they haven’t even read it which causes me to dwell on it.

Just a simple seen or read next to it would be fabulous!

Please and thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I have an idea that I am hoping would bring CHs back to declare winners in their contests. I suggest that SH send a message “from the trending creatives in your contest” with our icons in it. The message would say something like: the people who worked on your name would love to see you again. Please come back and choose a winner in your contest soon.

If the contest had a whole lot of trending creatives, then SH could send a few of our icons and put the others in a word cloud or something like that. The idea is to personalize the invitation to come back and for the CHs to remember that we are people over here, anxiously awaiting their decision. But it would be cool to see an email with our lovely icons at the top.

Thanks for considering.

3 Likes

That’s a great idea @Chasity2ku. I wonder that all the time, too. I think that CHs don’t see comments on “No Thank Yous” (different situation)… but sometimes a CH will change course in a contest and say they want something and you know that one of your previous No Thank Yous actually fits the new criteria. But if you comment on that entry, I do not think they see it because those have been segregated. (Maybe they do but it seems like they don’t). Also, sometimes a CH will make a comment to us on a No Thank You that we feel we should respond to but we don’t respond because we don’t think they will ever see it anyway. But in the case you are talking about Chasity, that has happened to me so many times, too!

2 Likes

LOVE LOVE LOVE that idea!!!

1 Like

OMG - Yes, yes, YES!!! :thumbsup:

I’ve been trending on a few projects where the Client hasn’t been back in about 2 months! :weary:

4 Likes

I know this was posted a while ago. Just wanted to say I agree with you. There has been times, my little faces have gone up and down like a yo yo. I imagine SH giving points, take away points, give em back. Lol , I.know computer does it.

2 Likes

Hello, It would help me a great deal (and maybe others?) if I could get notifications of messages added to contests and comments made to my entires within the squadhelp platform. Rather than having to go to my e-mail to view these messages or having to look at each individual contest… thanks

The computer gives points and takes them away?

Hello, would it be possible to have the option to sort closed contests by “closing date” and not “post date”. I like to see the winning entry when a contest is closed and I think it would be easier if the recently closed contests appeared first. This way we wouldn’t have to search through all closed contest just to find that one(specially when it’s a contest posted weeks ago). I don’t know if anyone else feels the same way, but I just thought I should put it out there. Thank you!!!

2 Likes

Announcing the Contest Holder Dashboard

We are excited to let you know about a new feature just added to the Squadhelp platform today.

The CH Dashboard will instantly educate CHs on Squadhelp usage best practices through actionable graphs, gauges, charts, and alerts.

This new feature will encourage entry ratings, daily public comments, a 100% filled out brief, and much more.

10 Likes

Awesome, thank you SH!

Could we see something of a sample/demo/screenshot of this feature?, so ideas for changes, improvement etc may be offered by creatives.

@lightless - We have chosen not to make the feature public at this time.

I have a concern about contests that start out in one direction and after hours of work and submitting entries that are getting high ratings the contest is extended for a long period of time and then it becomes a completely different contest. I can understand that this is a very dynamic process and changes are a necessary part of the process but when the contest completely changes direction after 6 days and extended another six days (as an example) I find it very frustrating. I am not speaking of any one particular contest but in general. I am not sure if others are finding this as well. Thanks.

4 Likes

Hi @ChristyMay -
We understand that this can be frustrating. It is sometimes important to take a step back and remember that we are all on the same team working towards a single goal–awesome names.

Sometimes, when customers are struggling to find a name that they love, we step in to help them–and this results in a much more direct focus. Other times it is a unique name supplied by the community that spurs a turn in direction.

We always think of our contests as an agency-style naming process. This ebb and flow is very common for any creative agency.

I hope that everyone reads through this page every once in a while to remind themselves how much you are appreciate by the CHs, http://www.squadhelp.com/testimonials.php

The process may never be perfect, but our recent accomplishment of serving 10,000 customer and the constant positive feedback I hear instills me with incredible confidence that we are all doing a lot right :blush: