How are names being entered that are not available

thsi really opens the door for everyone using an I instead of an L or the other way round

Like Dan said, that is purposely misleading and I would imagine there will be consequences for those who do attempt it.

1 Like

I have some integrity , not I would do that

5 Likes

lets see but probably not

1 Like

Now I’m wondering if it’s happened before and no one ever caught it!!! That would be so messed up.

Ohh- I have done that before and was excited to get the domain and realized I misspelled it.

with an L instead of an I that would be difficult to do by accident ?

1 Like

I have misspelled words before but this seems a little different

Right I see that the I was capitalized instead of using a lowercase L maybe?

Dan: Thank you for looking into this, and for pointing out the policy on name calling. I really didn’t see this situation and anyone who reported it as a prime example of name calling. There’s some other recent posts on another forum thread that I’m more concerned about.

1 Like

@auntshommy, Our policy is very clear - accusing specific people and using phrases like “I smell rat” in reference to specific creatives is not allowed in the forum. Everyone is free to ask questions but calling out specific people in this fashion is not allowed.

If there other posts you are concerned about, please flag them so we can look into them.

presumably we are now free to enter misleading domain spellings

an O 0r an 0 etc ? 1 instead of I or l

I dont have a problem with that as long as we are all playing by the same rules

@Dan,

A solution to prevent further misleading spellings could be to default the domains to either all lowercase or all uppercase letters.

The problem with that is that using capitalization helps with clarity in domain only contests. It’s much easier to quickly parse out YourDomainHere than yourdomainhere or YOURDOMAINHERE.

I agree. I would prefer to continue to be able to enter YourDomainHere because it looks much nicer. I just worry now about people taking advantage of the “i”/“I” thing and purposely misleading CHs in order to win. It’s up to SH, of course.

@kreativekim, You are like a nuclear physicist suddenly becoming aware of the consequences of your own discoveries :wink:

4 Likes

@jose, there is difference between someone submitting misspellings vs purposely misrepresenting the name by playing on capitalization of letters. Squadhelp is a platform for serious businesses and we don’t believe creatives should submit names that can be misunderstood in this fashion. We do not have guidelines on which letters or what kind of capitalization is not allowed. However if we find instances where the name can be completely misunderstood by the CH, we would advise them about the potential issue and give them an opportunity to revisit their decision. In addition, if we find that certain creatives are intentionally engaging in this practice, we will take action.

2 Likes

Haha… that’s a funny comparison. Ironically I’m usually a HUGE advocate of less rules and more freedom of choice and creativity, but I just feel bad for CHs that may be taken advantage of because of this. Anyway… I know I’m never gonna do that so whatever other people choose to do is on them I guess. :blush: :v:

1 Like