Hope I'm not out of line ... I've not posted here before

Almost all of the contest holders are very nice, polite, and helpful - but there have been one or two who’ve been a bit rude and insulting to us. I do wish they would all realize that we’re doing the best we can with what we’re given.

3 Likes

You can always forward a rude comment via the blue button, as we can’t be rude to the CH’s , they in turn should not be rude to us

4 Likes

@Dianna, What @Dan has told me in the past is to flag the rude and insulting comments, and they’ll take it from there…

3 Likes

We are artists and as with all works of art, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. One person’s “Facebook” is another person’s “that is far from creative.”

As a suggestion to SH, @Dan, I would like to recommend that SH intervene more with CH’s who seem to be unhappy with their results and give the CH tips on communicating with us more about what they want, rather than just saying “not creative” or using the sad faces for every single entry. It’s clear when there are so many sad faces that something is amiss and we ALL want these contests to be successful. I know we ask so much of @Dan and SH in general in these things but it seems like there needs to be a liaison to help with the process so we can paint prettier pictures that the beholder says “brilliant art!” about.

9 Likes

Thank y’all for your input. At least 1 of you submitted to this particular contest, so I’m sure you know what message I’m talking about. A few of the other creatives have replied to him in absolutely tactful ways, so I won’t “report” him. But he was quite a bit “insensitive” to us, in my opinion. Thanks for your help!

2 Likes

I see that you also submitted to the contest I’m referring to. I just don’t think the CH should be able to insult us and “YELL AT US IN WRITING”. :smile: Especially when they haven’t been totally clear about what they want.

2 Likes

All CHs are customers and sometimes customers are unhappy and they insult the squad. It’s part of doing business with the public. There’s not really any way to stop people from saying things. We’ve had the opposite problem with creatives yelling, too. In fact, that actually continues to this day. I don’t like it but I’ve worked with the public a lot and I know that there are times when you just can’t please people.

3 Likes

You’re absolutely right - about all of it. I’ve worked with the public quite a bit myself. I also grew up in a time when the customer was always right, and you were supposed to treat others how you wanted to be treated. I realize it’s never gonna happen, but I really wish that everyone would try to do that. :smile:

4 Likes

Boy, ain’t that the truth!

2 Likes

Well, it seems that someone else reported his comment - it now says, “this comment has been removed …”. At least I know I wasn’t just being over-sensitive.

2 Likes