Changes to Rating & Point System

@dan I guess the stress comes from the turbulence and uncertainty. Maybe it could be calculated at the end of each month and frozen for the next month? Like the Leaderboard.

@Front good feedback. However, this is the reason we waited till beginning of this month to make this change. On a day to day basis, the high rated % does not fluctuate too much. If you have 1000+ entries submitted over the last 6 months, the movement in the rating score will not be more than few percent points during any month.

The change in above logic, did result in a much larger impact for some users, however it was an important change to ensure uniformity.

2 Likes

@dan I see your point. It’s probably better not to stare at it. :slight_smile:

@Dan I understand the reasoning behind why it was done, it’s just frustrating to have privileges you once had taken away all of a sudden. Makes me feel like I fell off the ladder and have to climb back up again. Again - I get it… just frustrating.

2 Likes

@kreativekim, your frustration is taken on board, but if truth be told, what all of us have lost were none other than the illicit gains we were permitted to keep for so long :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Vision In the words of my 11 year old daughter… “Well, poop!” :smile:

5 Likes

@Dan Is there a reason why the rating scale for your submissions shows the red face first(your failures) instead of the green successes first,as most graphs do? It’s like it is focusing on where you fell short, than where you succeeded.

1 Like

@hollygirl, thanks for your question. We have done our best to explain the overall thought process behind the recent changes. Unfortunately, we can not explain the rationale behind every design/ UX decision about our product in a public forum. Some of the design choices simply follow what are universal standards in web design. We have noted the feedback about red faces, and will make changes where appropriate.

4 Likes

@hollygirl, on the upside, with our entries being subject to uniformity of rejection/downgrade, the ‘50 ways to leave your friend’ list just gets shortened by half :wink:

1 Like

Not to be a downer but I agree with you on the red face ordeal. It is so depressing and makes me not want to try anymore!!! Especially after trying so hard to please the ch and then I see an ugly red faces staring at me! Everything else about the rating is okay. I felt better about my self when I saw the 2s.! I guess it probably hits home even more so being I have not won yet. Lol

5 Likes

I feel ya. .Red is now my color not by choice :disappointed:…looks like. …but anyways I do like seeing the occasional greens, as that’s my favorite color …I keep on trucking bc honestly it’s kinda addictive for me. I may luck up and actually win one :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Just noticed, it’s been 1 month since the ratings system changed, and my percentages DROPPED 3.4% in that 1 month.
I haven’t changed my volume or ‘quality’ of entries, so there’s Food for Thought.

I guess time will tell all…todays percentage is duly noted…on to the next month

At the risk of getting in trouble…I also have had my percentages drop about the same as you.

Must be the Clients actually rating more these days.

hate to be a pooper mine went up!

1 Like

Mine went up a little too… but it has slowly started to level out. I’m afraid I’ll be stuck with a low rating forever :frowning:

Think the bell curve is probably right around 25%

Not quite there yet. :unamused:

1 Like

What was your percentage before, holly cow! You are still at 29.4% that’s crazy good and you dropped 2% so you went from insanely incredibly good, to insanely good)

1 Like

Yeah Annie you definitely shouldn’t have anything to worry about! :smiley: