Another Noob Question

What if you come across a word that would work in multiple contests, but they are each different kinds of companies. Is it okay to use that word again? Or should it only be submitted once?

You can enter the same name into any contest regardless of the industry. However, if that name wins a contest you should notify the other CHs that it recently won. If it’s entered in a contest for the same industry I would suggest just deleting it as they’d have no use for it. Hope that helps :blush:

Thanks @Chasity2ku! Don’t know if it will win in any of them, but it seemed perfect to me. :smile:

1 Like

Well I can tell you one thing for sure…it won’t win if you don’t submit it :wink:

1 Like

@BrendaGravermoen

Even if your name gets rejected a few times, if you think it’s good, then hang on to it, and resubmit again and again. Many winning creatives here have done that very thing even after numerous tries. Ya just never know what will resonate with the CH :smile:

4 Likes

Thanks @LauraE! I did submit it to a couple of contests but I guess it isn’t resonating with these CHs, because they haven’t rated it. That’s the one thing I get confused about in these contests; when a CH doesn’t rate it. I can understand the “No Way am I touching that name” but to not rate at all?? And now I can’t find my assigned contests! This is one of those days when I should’ve stayed in bed, but alas must work my second job (umm, outside of SH being nearly a 3rd job with no guaranteed pay - lol - but at least it’s a fun one!)

2 Likes

Guilty as charged LauraE. I entered a name in a contest: 3stars, did not win. Entered it in another contest of EXACTLY the same type 2 weeks later, 5star WINNER. BTW @BrendaGravermon, has anyone welcomed you to the site yet?

4 Likes

Yes, they have, thank you! Everyone has been great! Just got home from 2nd job and am poopsaloopsy. (12 hours, no rest for the weary.)

1 Like